Wednesday 10 September 2008

Next Stop: Clitheroe


I think on Saturday, I shall make Clitheroe my next port of call. I imagine that it is a good place to go on a sunny afternoon, I've been to the town before to the Castle and I spotted the football ground from there.

There is a snag though. I did aim to go to a game at every level in the pyramid at this level, well the game on Saturday is an FA Cup qualifier. The first qualifying round proper, where Clitheroe of the Unibond 1st Division North play Leek Town of the Unibond 1st Division South.

Both teams are near the top of their respective divisions, so it should be a good game. Indeed Leek Town seem to have fallen from grace a little bit, being a Conference team not so long ago. I don't know too much about Clitheroe though, apart from that I imagine it'd be a good place to go on a sunny afternoon.

Obviously I'm picking games for the right reason. Bring on the magic of the cup!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: